Saturday 1 May 2010

Foot Enters Mouth

White Rabbit, white rabbit, white rabbit.

Well, the temperature is disappointing for the first day of May - we've had a breeze here directly off the North Sea.


I'm sick of listening to repeated recordings of Gordon Brown calling the Rochdale woman a bigot. Gordon however is not the only one who can put his foot in his mouth and here are some old quotes I dug up from footballers and commentators.

'Never go for a 50-50 ball unless you're 80-20 , sure of winning it.' - IAN DARKE
'I'd like to play for an Italian club, like Barcelona' - MARK DRAPER
'There are two ways of getting the ball. One is from your own team-mates, and that's the only way.' - TERRY VENABLES
'He has now got a scapegoat to hang his hat on.' - FRANCIS LEE
'I never predict anything, and I never will.' - PAUL GASCOIGNE
'He's chanced his arm with his left foot.' - TREVOR BROOKING
'Winning doesn't really matter as long as you win.' - VINNY JONES

Enjoy your weekend

Chat soon


ta-ra.

3 comments:

  1. Happy May.
    I think we've all been in the same situation. I do think Gordon Brown should have known better though.
    My worst one was me saying how awful my friends children were....and not realising she was standing behind me....whoops. Needless to say she's not my friend anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least, the lady will make some money from it and Gordon will hang his head in shame along with the rest of them who forgot to close either their mouths or mic.

    I'm sure there are more important things we should be worrying about, RLS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Val & Jarmara - Thanks both for the comments.

    There is an unwritten rule in radio and television that you always behave as if the mic is live - basic stuff; oh dear Val, I think most of us have done that!

    You are absolutely right Jarmara, like will I have a job in the public sector six months after the new Government gets in?

    XX

    ReplyDelete