Saturday 12 May 2012

Glorious Montana

Clematis Montana
 
The picture above was taken whist I was hanging out of the bathroom window (not literally you understand), but I thought it gave a better view of the Clematis Montana, one of the most prolific and pretty early flowering hardy Clematis around.

I was reading the Met Office (UK) blog today and a guest blogger gave this valuable warning 

Charlotte Fionda of the Karen Clifford Skin Cancer Charity wrote:

"Last week was Sun Awareness Week, even though the sun did not appear to be aware of it in many places. This weekend, however, the sun is set to return and most of us will want to get out and make the most of the good weather. It is important to remember that although it may not feel that warm despite the sunshine, the sun is very strong at this time of year."

Goof advice although I guess most of us require treatment for rust. It is interesting to note that East Yorkshire - my part of the UK is no longer considered in drought conditions as all the rain we have had over the least few weeks has filled all the water boreholes which were 20% low.

I hope you've all had a good week, wherever you are.

Chat soon

Ta-ra

7 comments:

  1. You do make me smile.... You're my little ray of sunshine,RLS. :-) Rust indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I forgot to say your clematis looks beautiful X

      Delete
  2. I know. My gorgeous Bear has a nose like Rudolph, despite the rainy and overcast weather. It's a bit rough for the 'gingers' like her.

    You ok bro' ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful flowering plant! As for the sun, as much as I love Britain on a beautiful sunny day, I really don't think skin cancer can be nearly as much of a problem as we have here! No offense, because the rain and clouds are what make Britain so beautiful. Can you believe it? Sometimes in the midst of our dry season I miss a warm rain!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jarmara
    I hope you are well - someone asked me the other day if I'd been on holiday because I looked tanned - I told him it was rust! Thanks for the kind comments
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Wheelie
    A little better my friend, thanks
    x

    Hi ChrisJ
    It is an issue isn't it but I take your point about the difference between our two countries.
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad that I came across this one. Good job with it.

    ReplyDelete