Friday 13 August 2010

Elusive Perseids

If you look VERY closely, (I think most of you can click on the pic to enlarge it) I have captured a tiny, small baby of a meteor at the top of the picture to the left of centre. This was taken from the Hessle High School playing field in East Yorkshire looking eastwards around 11.10 pm on Thursday 12 August 2010 using my Canon EOS 40D on 18mm wide angle lens for around 2 minutes on bulb at f3.2 with 800 iso.

There were dozens, but every time I pointed my camera in one direction, a bright one came in another part of the sky etc etc. Twenty pictures later, a very cold Rarelesserspotted trudged home and here we are putting them on this blog one hour later.

The problem was there is so much light pollution and high cloud cover flitting across the sky, that I was lucky to get anything.

The bottom picture, I just like even though there is no meteor.

Chat soon

Ta-ra

No comments:

Post a Comment