I chose five stories on what turned out to be one of the quietest news stories of the week - unless that is you are interested in Ed Milliband, Tiger Woods not having a WAG with him or celebrity shagging. The stories were:
- Smoking at work and a council's plan to make smoking workers clock out to have a fag;
- Army 'bandsman' having to wear earplugs to comply with health and safety rules so they don't damage their hearing from their fellow musicians noisy instruments;
- Theft of copper wire putting train services at risk;
- Emma Thompson's tirade at the quality of teen use of the English language.
- The deputy Chairman of the Bank of England asking the public to spend their way out of a recession.