Sunday 5 July 2009

Change is as good as a rest...

I hope you are all having a good weekend so far and that the rain hasn't spoilt your endeavours. Well I've done two unique things today, firstly I shaved my beard off and secondly I've walked to the local farmer's market.

What's unique about the beard, well I've only had one beard in my life but I've probably had it fifteen years, it's part of me, formulated my character (or lack of it) and its removed the facade. With my weight loss, my face isn't 'chubby' any more and I thought it was time for a change. My wife was reluctant for me to get rid of it, but as I am now on a holiday for a week, if I don't like it I've got time to grow it back. It feels good not to have one I must confess.

The local farmers market is just a mile down the road in the car park of the Humber Bridge and it's held on the first Sunday of the month. It was packed and there was a lovely atmosphere. It's been there a year or so but I've never been, never had need to really but I thought that I would take advantage of my need to exercise more and I walked there despite the threat of rain from a leaden sky.

There were meats of every kind including ostrich, cheeses, bread and cakes of every shape, colour and taste. There were sweets, exotic teas, spices and huge home grown vegetables. You could but herbs, plants, garden accessories and even jewelry and it all looked reasonably priced. I suppose we should use them, the produce is fresh and it supports the local economy. But being there once a month doesn't meet the need of supply and still means we have to travel to the local supermarket to do the rest of the shopping for the month.

How to impress a woman: compliment her; cuddle her; kiss her; caress her; love her; tease her; comfort her; protect her; hug her; hold her; spend money on her; wine and dine her; listen to her; care for her; stand by her; support her; go the the ends of the earth for her.

How to impress a man: Turn up naked with beer.

Chat soon

Ta-ra.

1 comment:

  1. we had a great weekend, visited relatives who live at the seaside, went to waddington air show, up at stupid o'clock for me! and went spending the last of my birthday money in Holmfirth.
    there is a competition on my blog.
    Josie x

    ReplyDelete